At Park Primary e-safety is a very important part of Park life.
We asked the children to complete a survey of the technology they use at home to help us understand what devices they are aware of and how they use them. Please look below to see our findings.
- Across the school mobile phones were most popular way of using the internet.
- Ipads were quite common
- Nearly all children had internet access
- Internet is used most commonly in bedrooms and family rooms
- The most popular reason for using the internet was playing games (followed by finding information).
- Lots of children are using Skype
- Some popular website are on the next page. Websites linked to TV channels were quite popular (especially with the younger children).
Please find a downloadable copy of the presentation here.
Please follow this link to watch the video on Youtube.
Recently each year group looked at understanding e-safety issues at school and home. These are some of the stories and websites we looked at.
|Smart Kids Website||
A story about what do if pop-ups or strange messages appear on a computer.
A story that looks at cyber-bullying, peer-pressure and messages to think about.
Key Stage 2
Us Online Website – www.usonline.lgfl.net
Each lesson children are reminded about being SMART.
Here are some websites that we found useful.
LGfL Online Safety – https://www.lgfl.net/online-safety/key-safeguarding-bodies
The LGFL (London Grid for Learning) offers a section on online safety with further websites, stories and ideas about keeping safe using electrical devices.
Think U KNow (5-7)
Think U Know (8-10)
BBC Safe Surfing
We are continually looking at ways to support you and your child so contact the school at email@example.com if you feel we can help with your online safety concerns.